HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT POLICY
At the major event, Our Occupational Health Safety & Environment Policy is based on a belief that the well-being of people employed at work, or people affected by our work, is a major priority and must be considered during all work performed on our behalf.
People are our most important asset and their health and safety is our greatest responsibility. The public shall be given equal priority to that of our employees.
The objectives of our HSE Policy are:
- To enhance and promote a safe work practice and a safe lifestyle to all.
- To achieve an accident free workplace, by complying with all relevant Health & Safety Acts, Regulations and Codes of Practice.
- To make health & safety an integral part of every managerial and supervisory position.
- To ensure health & safety is considered in all planning and work activities.
- To involve our employees and people affected by our work is in the decision making processes through regular communication, consultation and training.
- To provide a continuous program of education and learning to ensure that our employees or people affected by our work is in the safest condition manner.
- To identify and control all potential hazards in the workplace through hazard identification and risk analysis.
- To ensure all potential accident/ incidents are controlled and prevented.
- To provide effective injury management and rehabilitation for all employees and people affected by our work.
The success of our health & safety management is dependent on:
- Pro-active planning of all work activities with due consideration given to implementing OH & S controls that are suitable to each given situation, including emergencies.
- Understanding the total work process and associated OH&S risks.
- Ensuring the work team is totally committed to achieving our objectives.
- Ensuring that open and honest communication exists between management and all employees and people affected by our work.
- Internal and Third Party compliance auditing and monitoring, to prove that we are serious in maintaining a safe, healthy and environmental friendly organization.
The responsibility for safety shall be adopted as an integral part of everyday work, therefore it is vital that every employee shares in the commitment to eliminate unsafe and conditions by thinking safely and act safely at all times.
DRUG & ALCOHOL POLICY
DTEC PETROLEUM GROUP aims to be drugs and alcohol free at all business and operation premises. It is expressly stated that all personal working within our company shall not be under influencer of any illegal drugs or alcohol. Strict disciplinary action shall be taken against any personnel found with non-compliance to the policy.
The Management is committed to full compliance to drugs and alcohol policy of our clients.
Random test shall also be conducted by the company in addition to the tests required by the clients or those required under the local law. Drugs and alcohol requirement shall be disseminated to all levels of personal involved in the company’s operation via formal and informal training, briefing and standard practices.
Medicines which contain authorized drugs prescribed by legally medical practitioner specifically for particular personal own consumption will be allowed. This exception is subject to production of documentary proof from the issuing medical practitioner.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO HEALTHY AND SAFE WORKING ENVIRONMENT
STOP WORK POLICY STATEMENT
It is the policy of DTEC PETROLEUM GROUP that empowers every employee the duty and the right to invoke a stop work order when an employee or the public or the local environment are at or become exposed to risk. The management supports the decision of its employees in the diligent execution of this policy.
DTEC PETROLEUM GROUP has established the following guidelines in achieving the policy objectives.
- Stop Work order shall be invoked if any situation arises due to an unsafe action or behavior or omission or non-action of any party involved in the operation, and if such situation were permitted to continue, may potentially lead to the occurrence of an untoward incident.
- Any person regardless of position, seniority or discipline has the right and duty to invoke the Stop Work policy if in his opinion or judgement, such activity is deemed to be a potential incident.
- No employee shall be faulted or disciplined for invoking the Stop Work order when, upon investigation, it (Stop Work order) was found to be unnecessary. The Stop Work order must be applied in good faith.
Work that has ceased due to a Stop Work order shall not be resumed until all safety protocols are conducted to the satisfaction of the employee who initiated the Stop Work order or the employee responsible for the Stop Work to be initiated.
The Stop Work Policy is an extension of the Health Safety & Environment Policy of DTEC PETROLEUM GROUP to maintain a safe and secure work environment against any risk or exposure to personal harm, property damage or adverse effects to the environment.